The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, motivated customer service or sales professional to join our membership team. The successful candidate will secure new membership, sponsorship and product sales by promoting the positive aspects of Chamber membership to prospects and the value of marketing to the Chamber’s almost 2,000 member businesses. Key factors for success in this high-visibility role include ability to build relationships, desire to help others succeed, competitive spirit, outgoing personality, willingness to learn the Chamber’s systematic approach to sales, sound understanding of the Chamber’s mission and benefits, exceptional customer service skills and the self-motivation and initiative required to meet established goals and manage time effectively.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and how it directly applies to existing and prospective members.
- Develop, implement and maintain a sales action plan.
- Develop, implement and maintain a retention touch plan to improve early retention
- Establish positive relations with the principals of businesses throughout the Chamber’s service area, establish needs of their organization and report to appropriate departments.
- Effectively and consistently utilize Chamber information resources to track prospects, contacts and sales to facilitate monthly reports to management and board.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new member-investors in their first two years of membership.
- Work with Chamber Area Councils to engage existing member-investors in council programs and initiatives to positively influence member-investor retention.
- The Account Executive may be called upon, and would find it advantageous, to attend Chamber functions such as Council meetings, ribbon cuttings, AM Networkings, Business After Hours and other such events for recruitment purposes.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or other business-related field of study preferred, plus two years of B2B sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfort level in building interpersonal relationships, promoting sales opportunities and “making the ask”.
- Formal sales training is a plus but will train someone with demonstrated sales aptitude.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one .pdf document, no later than November 6, 2022 to [email protected]