Our Writing/Communications intern will handle a range of editorial, public relations and marketing assignments with an emphasis on writing content for our Business Trend publication, ChattanoogaTrend.com.
Our intern should have the ability to write effectively in a variety of editorial and marketing formats including magazine articles, news releases, social media posts, video scripts, etc. Intern will also assist with proofing, drafting emails in Constant Contact, supporting Chamber events as needed and other varied assignments.
Scheduling requirement is 20 hours per week. We’ll work with intern to set a weekly schedule around school/other commitments, but intern should be available to work shifts of at least 4 hours between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our intern will need:
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- A detail- and deadline-oriented work style
- The ability to work on multiple projects in a given time frame
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
It’s a plus if you have experience with:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing/production
- Podcast editing/production
- Constant Contact
- A prior marketing, PR or related internship
What you’ll get from us:
- Internships are paid hourly
- Excellent sample projects to bolster your portfolio
- Strong experience with a supportive team who can suggest local job leads (read about some of our past interns’ experiences here and here)
- Opportunities to attend Chamber and community events with stimulating speakers
- Coffee that you don’t have to get as part of your intern duties
- Reports to: Abdiel Vallejo-Lopez, Sr. Creative Manager
To apply submit your resume and three writing samples or portfolio link. Also include brief cover email explaining why you’re a good fit and what you’d like to learn through an internship experience. Send application materials to [email protected].
No phone calls please.