The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce is the lead economic development organization for the tri-state Chattanooga, Tennessee region. We are a high-impact, inclusive and forward-thinking organization focused on building a thriving Chattanooga region. We’re looking for a low ego, politically astute, strategic doer that is passionate about economic and talent development. The successful candidate will drive investment in the region and catalyze Chattanooga’s collaborative spirit to shape the future economy of the Chattanooga region. They will be an accomplished leader, laser-focused on executing the Chattanooga Chamber’s strategic plan of economic growth, talent development and entrepreneurship while embracing our guiding principles of economic mobility, inclusive economy, and collaborative leadership.
This job description is intended primarily as an illustration of the type of work to be performed by the Vice President, Economic and Talent Development, who reports directly to the CEO. The Vice President leads a team of professionals focused on recruiting, retaining, and growing companies and developing talent in the Chattanooga region. Integration and collaboration with other Chamber units (communications, public policy, and membership) as well as our public and private partners to achieve the overall mission is critical.
- Provides supervision and directs the work of the economic and talent development department, including Business Development, Existing Business Development, Talent Development, Research, and related support personnel
- Plans, directs, and implements domestic and international recruitment programs for new business and industry
- Supervises all leads and visits of prospective business clients to the area including matching of interests with available resources.
- Supervises target incentive programs to ensure success in recruitment, retention, or expansion.
- Manages and maintains strong relationships with local and state government partners
- Oversees the work of the INCubator program at the Hamilton County Business Development Center
- Leads regional recruitment and marketing efforts of the 16-county regional marketing initiative Greater Chattanooga Economic Partnership
- Coordinates and supports tax increment financing activities with the city and county
- Collaborates with government and non-profit partners on issues, grants, and broad strategy related to economic and community development, housing, municipal planning and development
- Assists new and existing businesses in resolving infrastructure problems, regulatory compliance, legislative issues, etc.
- Recruits and recommends community partners and volunteers to assist on recruitment projects
- Cultivates new funding opportunities including maintaining good relationships with existing economic development investors.
- Represents the Chamber and public sector in select economic development matters including, but not limited to, incentives negotiations, incentives performance review, global business development missions, and the marketing of public industrial parks.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related field
- 10 years of economic development experience
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Certified Economic Developer by IEDC or other economic development certifications
- Experience working in a chamber of commerce
- Economic development experience in local and/or state government
- Master’s degree in business, economics or relate field
To Apply: Submit a persuasive cover letter and resume, combined into one .PDF file no later than 5pm on June 30 to: [email protected]