The event planning internship is an exciting opportunity for someone who has an interest in the event planning field. Interns can apply their education, skills and experience while assisting in large and small events.
- Assist with planning and logistics for networking events, signature events and top investor
- Update Chamber website for upcoming events and send events to local partner
- Utilize social media and email marketing to promote Chamber events
- Research any direct requests for information and present information in an efficient and
- presentable manner as requested by Manager
- Assist with preparation, coordination and conduction of departmental events and meetings
- including sending meeting notices, copying needed documents, ordering refreshments, room
- set-up and clean-up, etc.
- Research spaces for potential event sites
- Attend meetings when needed
- Assist Manager with vendors to include organization, vendor coordination, check in and
- File organization
- Creating an event closet system which will include cleanup, organizing and an inventory
- Assist with event invitations & RSVP’s *graphic design skills preferred*
- Customer Service – the individual exhibits the ability to get along well with others, is open to
- new ideas, makes self-available to staff, accepts responsibility and prioritizes providing an
- exceptional level of service to internal and external customers
- Problem solving – the individual identifies errors or problems and gathers the proper
- information and resolving issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Communication – the individual conveys information in a professional and courteous
- manner in positive or negative situations, demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and
- must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Technical skills – the individual demonstrates a working knowledge of computer operations,
- cash control procedures, and information management systems
- Quality management – the individual is conscientious in the delivery of project documents
- and continuously looks for ways to improve product quality and information accuracy
- Team player – the individual works well with other staff members and recognizes that a job
- well done is far more important than individual recognition
- Judgment – the individual exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decisions, and accepts
- responsibility for results
- Planning/organizing – the individual places a high priority on attention to detail and efficient
- organization of their workspace, whether physical or electronic, ensuring that all supported
- positions can locate and retrieve information in a timely manner with a minimum of effort
- Time management – the individual works with a sense of urgency and possesses the ability
- to prioritize time-driven assignments, incorporating them into their regular work load to
- deliver results with the prescribed delivery schedule.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety, security
- and confidentiality procedures, and uses materials and equipment responsibly
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and to stoop,
kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply submit resume and brief cover email explaining why you’re a good fit and what you’d like to learn through an internship experience at the Chattanooga Chamber. Send application materials to [email protected]
No phone calls please.