The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce is a five-star accredited chamber of commerce recognized nationally as Chamber of the Year in 2017. Our mission is to champion our member businesses and promote regional economic growth. The Chattanooga Chamber takes an entrepreneurial approach to serving its members with value-based programs and initiatives and is recognized for its lead role in Chattanooga’s job creation successes.
We are looking for a passionate, results-driven accounting professional with a go-getter mentality to help propel our mission forward by supporting the efforts of a multitude of programs and initiatives of the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce and Chattanooga Chamber Foundation. We offer competitive compensation, robust employee benefits, flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for advancement, as well as a high quality of life and are within easy driving range of Atlanta, Georgia; Huntsville, Alabama; and Nashville and Knoxville in Tennessee.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Accounting with regular duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliations and monthly general ledger accounting for both companies, as well as a range of general operational duties that keep our two companies running smoothly.
If you are searching for one of the best jobs available in small business accounting in Chattanooga, with the added benefit of high visibility and building networking connections with businesses throughout the area, we are looking for you!
To apply for this position, submit a persuasive cover letter and resume, combined into one .PDF file, by 5 p.m., Friday, October 27.
Send confidential resumes to:
Attn: Yolonda Hayslett, VP, Finance & Operations
- Handle all incoming cash receipts, preparing deposits and posting payments in accounting software and membership database.
- Track and recognize deferred revenue and prepaid expenses in keeping with revenue recognition standards for nonprofits.
- Process accounts payable from receipt of invoice to printing of accounts payable checks.
- Invoice any clients for reimbursable expenses and maintain receivables ledger.
- Distribute 1099’s annually.
- Prepare and post assigned monthly journal entries and closing activities.
- Reconcile multiple operating, savings, and escrow bank accounts statements in accounting software monthly.
- Analyze balance sheet G/L accounts for Chamber of Commerce after closing.
- Provide V.P.’s and Directors with detail of revenues and expenses for analysis purpose.
- Participate in annual financial audit with requested documentation and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in nonprofit or corporate accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel and accounting software comparable to Sage Intacct.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of GAAP.