The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce is a five-star accredited chamber of commerce recognized nationally as Chamber of the Year in 2017. Our mission is to champion our member businesses and promote regional economic growth. The Chattanooga Chamber takes an entrepreneurial approach to serving its members with value-based programs and initiatives and is recognized for its lead role in Chattanooga’s job creation successes.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated customer service or sales professional to join our membership team. The successful candidate will engage, recruit, and retain new members by promoting the benefits of Chamber membership and how the Chamber positively impacts the development and growth of businesses throughout Chattanooga and Hamilton County. Ongoing member engagement and retention focus, with emphasis on the first three years of membership.
The key factors for success in this high-visibility role include ability to build relationships, desire to help others succeed, competitive spirit, outgoing personality, willingness to learn the Chamber’s systematic approach to sales, sound understanding of the Chamber’s mission and benefits, exceptional customer service skills and the self-motivation and initiative required to meet established goals and manage time effectively.
We offer competitive compensation, robust employee benefits, flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for advancement, as well as a high quality of life and are within easy driving range of Atlanta, Georgia; Huntsville, Alabama; and Nashville and Knoxville in Tennessee.
If you are searching for one of the best jobs available in sales recruitment and retention in Chattanooga, with the added benefit of high visibility and building networking connections with businesses throughout the area, we are looking for you!
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and references combined into one .pdf document, no later than November 17, 2023, to [email protected]
For more information visit www.ChattanoogaChamber.com
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and how it directly applies to existing and prospective members.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new small business members and follow procedures to onboard new members.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal sales action plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal retention touch plan to improve early retention.
- Establish positive relations with the principals of businesses throughout the Chamber’s service area, determine needs of their organization and report to appropriate departments.
- Work with Chamber Area Councils to engage existing members in council programs and initiatives to positively influence member retention.
- Collaborate with volunteers and other Account Executives.
- Utilize tools of Chamber member database to document, prospect, sell, and retain members.
- Develop, maintain, and report on a quality list of prospects in Chamber member database.
- Attend Chamber functions such as Council meetings, ribbon cuttings, AM Networking, Business After Hours and other such events for recruitment purposes.
- Schedule appointments as requested.
- Attend internal Chamber meetings.
Education & Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or other business-related field of study preferred, plus two years of B2B sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfort level in building interpersonal relationships, promoting sales opportunities and “making the ask”.
- Formal sales training is a plus but will train someone with demonstrated sales aptitude.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.